Monday, November 10, 2008

Those Little Pleasures

I realized that most of what I write about in here, with regards to my marriage, has to do with our differences and disagreements. I'd like to take a moment to talk about one of my favorite things that Husband and I do together.

Husband works until 10 PM most nights. His days off are Thursdays and Fridays. We've made a tradition to have a date every Thursday night. Sometimes we go out with friends or go to the movies, but most weeks we walk to the Cheesecake Factory which is literally a few hundred yards from our apartment, and have a nice dinner together. This is really the only time every week that we can look at each other's faces and truly check-in. We talk about our jobs, about our triumphs and failures, about silly things that we heard or saw or did, about our friends, anything really.

Every evening when we get home from one of those dates, I look at my husband and say "thanks for taking me out. I had a great time with you."

2 comments:

thesarahunit said...

We take walks every night after dinner.
Of course we don't have real jobs yet.

Carol said...

Molly;
Very sweet.
And the cheesecake.