Monday, November 10, 2008

Picky Eater

My husband is a picky eater. He eats like a child and absolutely refuses to try anything new. Here is a list of some of some of the things he will eat:


Steak, fried chicken, buffalo wings (not too spicy!), barbecue sandwiches, fried shrimp (no other kind of shrimp), barbecue ribs, lasagna, spaghetti, macaroni and cheese, grilled-cheese sandwiches, ham and cheese sandwiches, pepperoni and cheese sandwiches, pizza, scrambled eggs (no other kind of eggs), pancakes, chocolate cake.


Now, I'm a vegetarian, so half of that list is out for me.


This is frequently a source of conflict for a few reasons: I refuse to cook meat (I might do it on a very special occasion); I would like him to eat healthier food; I refuse to cook two meals. He can eat what I'm eating, or he can fix something for himself.


So, the compromise is usually spaghetti marinara, or meatless lasagna, or pizza, and me getting fatter and fatter while The Metabolizer stays ultra skinny.


I can occasional get him to eat vegetables. He likes steamed broccoli, salad greens, and corn on the cob. I've also noticed that if I buy bananas they mysteriously disappear.


Fortunately, he works nights so most evenings I can just prepare dinner for myself.

No comments: