Monday, December 1, 2008

Anyone know a mechanic that specializes in exorcisms?

So, my car is possessed by demons. I won't go into the details, but what it comes down to is that it is not safe to drive and is going to cost a fortune to be repaired.




Husband insisted that he would not allow me to "commandeer" his car as I have in the past when mine was out of commission. So, for now, I'm taking public transportation.




Now, I'm a big supporter of public transportation. If I could, I would get rid of the car altogether and use only public transportation and my own two feet to get around. Unfortunately, as this map illustrates, I live really far away from, well, everything!


But, I can manage. Here's what I did this morning: I walked to the mall in my back yard where I was able to catch a bus to a local commuter parking lot. From there, I catch another bus to a Metro Station where I catch a train which stops within a few blocks of my office. That's all fine, until you break down the costs.


Bus #1 -- $.50

Bus #2 -- $7

Metro -- $2.60


That's about $10. Double it, (because at the end of the day I have to go back home) and that's $20 a day!


For now, though, I don't think I have any other options.

1 comment:

zilch_turkey said...

what kind of bus is 7 friggin dollars?