Sunday, April 19, 2009

Twelve Jars!

Can you believe that there were twelve mostly-empty jars of pasta-sauce in my fridge? I think I've probably been collecting them since we moved to this apartment about two years ago. Today I decided to take them out of the fridge and wash them out, so that they can be re-used.



It took about an hour to get them all clean. For most of them the labels cam right off, but some are still stuck on there.


Any ideas about what to do with them? I thought about making my own pasta sauce and filling a few jars with it. Perhaps they could hold flowers or something?

2 comments:

Shauna said...

If you also have [airtight] lids, you can use them for non-perishable food storage [rice, lentils, beans, coffee beans.. all the things you take on the Oregon Trail].

Jars can be cute vases, especially if you throw some river rocks/those shiny glass pebbles at the bottom.

S-Boy said...

I believe it. I'm the same way. LOL.