Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What's the big deal about folded pants?

This morning when I arrived at my office, I had an e-mail from Husband:


Honey! You folded my pants! I love you!


He couldn't have said anything to make me happier (except maybe, "Have you lost weight?"). Nothing feels better than having all my hard work noticed and appreciated!


I love you too, Husband. I love you so much that I am happy to iron, fold, and put away your pants. (I also love the way you look when your clothes aren't wrinkled!)


I was a little put-off when some of the members on the FLYlady forums were referencing Fascinating Womanhood, and the incredible difference it made in their marriages. I had never heard of Fascinating Womanhood, so I Googled it and came up with this: http://users.rcn.com/bendesky/about/cbta/50swoman.html


Now, I have no problem taking care of the home and taking care of my Husband; but these tips make it seem like everything a wife does revolves around pleasing her husband. It makes it seem to me that a wife should be almost like a servant to her husband. I don't want that in my life at all.


Perhaps I would feel differently if I were a full-time homemaker, but even then, I would be keeping up my home for us, not for him.

No comments: